THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Flowers – Anne Baird Organist – Grant Hutchinson
Hospitality – Noel McGrevy, Kathryn Jones, Valmai Trainor, Allan Davidson, Margaret Seagrave, Albert Numanga, Roger Williams
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 10th DECEMBER 2017
1. CHRISTMAS PAGEANT. Today we celebrate with our SLiKs children the wonder and fun of the Christmas stories. We also give thanks for their teachers and all who have helped the children’s programme this year
2. SHARING THE JOY OF CHRISTMAS, Wednesday 13th December, 7.30pm at St Luke’s. Volcanic City Voices and the Howick Choir present an evening of eclectic, mainly Christmas, music from around the world. Featuring the Ellerslie School Senior Choir directed by our very own Maria Winder. All profits to the Auckland City Mission. Tickets by donation through thechoir.co.nz$25/ $20/ $10. You are welcome to bring a non-perishable food item for the Mission’s Christmas collection.
3. ST LUKE’S SENIORS CHRISTMAS MORNING TEA, Thursday 14th December, 10.30am. A festive treat awaits all St Lucans who are 70+ years young. If you would like to come along and share good coffee, Christmas treats, and a good natter, please sign the list at reception, indicating if you require transport.
4. DONATION BOX. The Worship Committee is trialling the suggestion to have a donation box for our cash and envelope offerings, rather than pass around collection bags during the Offertory Voluntary or Offertory Hymn. This donation box [a larger one than we previously used] will be in the entrance way as we come into church. The donation box, along with donations of food, will be brought forward at the end of the Offertory Hymn and left on the Communion Table. If you haven’t had time at the beginning of the service, and wish to make a donation, come forward after the final Voluntary, and put your donation in it then. The purpose of this change is to provide a more hospitable atmosphere to visitors.
5. SOCIAL JUSTICE PRESENTATIONS. Copies of the presentations by Glynn and Colin on Nov 26th are available on the screen bench.
6. REVERSE ADVENT CALENDARS. As we start to approach Christmas, we would like to invite community members to consider an alternative to the kids’ traditional chocolate advent calendar. The alternative is called a reverse advent calendar. It’s a simple, but really nice idea, and ideal for families with children or grandchildren. Instead of the kids opening a cardboard window each morning and grabbing a chocolate treat, they add a gift of non-perishable food to a Christmas box, so that on Christmas Day they have a box full of 25 food items that they can bring to church for donation to the Presbyterian Foodbank. Advent food boxes can be left in Colin’s office until arrangements can be made for delivery to the foodbank.
7. ST LUKE’S BIKE RIDE 3-4th MARCH 2018. PAIHIA TO THE HOKIANGA. The ride involves staying in Paihia night of Friday 2nd March then cycling as a group between Paihia and Kaikohe on Saturday, and Kaikohe to the Hokianga harbour on Sunday. Bus to and from start and finish points each day. Can return back to Auckland Sunday evening. Each day is 40km. Almost all of the ride is flat. Details of the ride on https://www.nzcycletrail.com/trails/twin-coast-trail/. Due to need to book the bus well in advance, bookings have to be confirmed by end of December, plus the cost of bus for both days which is $100 in total. You will need to arrange you own accommodation in /around Pahia for both nights. Bikes can be hired from http://paihiamountainbikes.co.nz/ Phone: 0211878192. Further info from Ken Hulls. Please sign the list at reception if you are keen to join the group.
8. ENNEAGRAM COURSE. 17th February 2018, 9am-3.30pm. Cost $45 per person. Ever wondered about what this analysis of personality has to teach you? Join with others in self-reflection regarding your particular personality style, and how might this affect your way of being in the workplace, in the world and in your relationships with others. The Enneagram is a model of the human psyche which is principally understood and taught as a typology of nine interconnected personality types. In business contexts it is generally used as a typology to gain insights into workplace dynamics; in spirituality it is presented as a path to higher states of being, essence, and enlightenment. It has been described as a method for self-understanding and self-development. Please sign the list at reception.
9. HOSPITALITY FOR JANUARY. Many thanks to those who have already volunteered. We are still looking for help for some Sundays in January. Please sign the list at reception if you would like to help.
Christmas Services at St Luke’s
Christmas Eve, 7pm – a service for children and their supporters, whether the children are familiar with church or not. There will be stories, carols, fairies, candles, and Santa. You are welcome to dress up too. The service begins at 7pm on Christmas Eve and is about 50 minutes long.
Christmas Eve, 11pm – a candlelight service with a guest choir, plus cake and coffee from 10pm in the Common Room
Christmas Day, 9.30am – a family service
For our Prayers:
Please remember these members of our community:
Please remember Alan and his family as they grieve the loss of Ann
Karl Woodroffe [grandson of Olinda and Colin] as he continues the long road to recovery
Francisca de Ruiter has fallen and fractured her femur. She is now in Waitakere Hospital.
Ling Yang is shortly leaving to take up a job in Beijing. Dingding will, at this stage, continue his schooling here. Ling is very grateful for the wonderful years in which she has been a part of our community.
Please note that the people above have given permission for this information to be shared.
SUNDAY 17th DECEMBER 2017
9.30am – Carol Service
Liturgist –Glynn Cardy
Readers – Members of the choir
Organist – Grant Hutchinson
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Director: Colin Rose 520 0199 021 987 220; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; email@example.com
Parish Clerk: KEN HULLS firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org