THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Noeline Creighton Preacher – Susan Adams
Duty Elder – Kathryn Jones
Readers – Alan & Vivienne Hayward Intercessions – Rebecca Hayward
Organist – Stephen Vincent
Hospitality – Noel McGrevy, Marjorie Blakeley, Margaret Parr, Lynn Maude, Lorraine MacGibbon
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, United Arab Emirates
Within the Nation – ENVIRONMENT. People working to protect the environment, providers of non-renewable and of renewable energy, workers at power stations, electricity and gas maintenance crews; those who clean public places and amenities; waste operators; those who maintain water, storm water, sewerage.
Within St Luke’s – David & Hilary Arrowsmith, & family; Margaret Bailey; Roy Bain
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 14th JANUARY 2018
1. TODAY, WE WARMLY WELCOME Revd Dr SUSAN ADAMS who will be leading our service today and next Sunday. Susan has held positions in both the Anglican and Methodist Churches, primarily in theological education and ministry formation.
2. PAMELA is out of the office on Monday 15th; COLIN is on leave until Monday 22nd January; GLYNN until Friday 26th January.
3. ST LUKE’S YOUTH GROUP. If you are in years 7-10 and are interested in coming to Youth Group, you are warmly invited to a pizza dinner and discussion on Sunday 18th February from 5.30-7pm. Please bring along to this first meeting a parent, grandparent or caregiver as we will be deciding which day and time will be best and how often the group will meet. Your ideas and suggestions for how youth group will run are welcome!
4. YOUTH WORKER. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic person who would be interested in a part-time position as our youth worker. If you are interested or know of anyone suitable, please contact Glynn, or Rebecca Hayward on 820 0211.
5. ST LUKE’S INCREDIBLE KIDS NEED YOU! We are looking for two new teachers to join our teaching team, and several amazing volunteers to join a new roster for the role of "Teacher's Helper". Helpers will not be expected to do any preparation for their rostered session, but will be there to assist the SLIKS teacher and help with supervising the children. The commitment would be once or twice a term. Please contact Rebecca Hayward on 820 0211 if you can help. Note: we will be discontinuing the current crèche roster as there has not been sufficient need for it lately.
SUNDAY 21st JANUARY 2018
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Margaret Tibbles Preacher – Susan Adams Duty Elder – David McNabb
Readers – Rosalie Lockwood, Dorothy McCarrison Intercessions – David McNabb
Organist – Grant Hutchinson
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Director: Colin Rose 520 0199 021 987 220; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; email@example.com
Parish Clerk: KEN HULLS firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench