THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Margaret Tibbles Preacher – Susan Adams
Duty Elder – David McNabb
Readers – Rosalie Lockwood, Dorothy McCarrison
Intercessions – David McNabb Organist – Grant Hutchinson
Hospitality – Noel McGrevy, Marjorie Blakeley, Jen & Bridget Hulls, Dorothy McCarrison, Lorraine MacGibbon
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Cyprus, Greece, Turkey
Within the Nation – LAND TRANSPORT. Truck, bus, train, van, taxi, car, and motorcycle drivers; those who plan, build, and maintain roads and footpaths, cycle ways and railways; cyclists, pedestrians; makers and sellers of motor vehicles; users of public transport; parking wardens and traffic police.
Within St Luke’s – Anne Baird; Marjorie and John Blakeley; David & Susan Boswell, & family
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 21st JANUARY 2018
1. ENNEAGRAM COURSE. 17th February 2018, 9am-3.30pm. Cost $45 per person. Ever wondered about what this analysis of personality has to teach you? Join with others in self-reflection regarding your particular personality style, and how might this affect your way of being in the workplace, in the world and in your relationships with others. The Enneagram is a model of the human psyche which is principally understood and taught as a typology of nine interconnected personality types. In business contexts it is generally used as a typology to gain insights into workplace dynamics; in spirituality it is presented as a path to higher states of being, essence, and enlightenment. It has been described as a method for self-understanding and self-development. Please sign the list at reception.
2. ST LUKE’S BIKE RIDE 3-4th MARCH 2018. PAIHIA TO THE HOKIANGA. The ride involves staying in Paihia night of Friday 2nd March then cycling as a group between Paihia and Kaikohe on Saturday, and Kaikohe to the Hokianga harbour on Sunday. Bus to and from start and finish points each day. Can return back to Auckland Sunday evening. Each day is 40km. Almost all of the ride is flat. Details of the ride on https://www.nzcycletrail.com/trails/twin-coast-trail/. Due to need to book the bus well in advance, bookings have to be confirmed by end of December, plus the cost of bus for both days which is $100 in total. You will need to arrange you own accommodation in /around Pahia for both nights. Bikes can be hired from http://paihiamountainbikes.co.nz/ Phone: 0211878192. Further info from Ken Hulls. Please sign the list at reception if you are keen to join the group.
3. ST LUKE’S YOUTH GROUP. If you are in years 7-10 and are interested in coming to Youth Group, you are warmly invited to a pizza dinner and discussion on Sunday 18th February from 5.30-7pm. Please bring along to this first meeting a parent, grandparent or caregiver as we will be deciding which day and time will be best and how often the group will meet. Your ideas and suggestions for how youth group will run are welcome!
4. YOUTH WORKER. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic person who would be interested in a part-time position as our youth worker. If you are interested or know of anyone suitable, please contact Glynn, or Rebecca Hayward on 820 0211.
5. ST LUKE’S INCREDIBLE KIDS NEED YOU! We are looking for two new teachers to join our teaching team, and several amazing volunteers to join a new roster for the role of "Teacher's Helper". Helpers will not be expected to do any preparation for their rostered session, but will be there to assist the SLIKS teacher and help with supervising the children. The commitment would be once or twice a term. Please contact Rebecca Hayward on 820 0211 if you can help. Note: we will be discontinuing the current crèche roster as there has not been sufficient need for it lately.
SUNDAY 28th JANUARY 2018
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Albert Numanga Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Trevor Mosley
Readers – Margaret Parr, Eric Parr Intercessions – Eric Parr
Organist – Stephen Vincent
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Director: Colin Rose 520 0199 021 987 220; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; email@example.com
Parish Clerk: KEN HULLS firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench