Parish Council December 2017 Minutes

THE COMMUNITY OF ST LUKES REMUERA – NEWMARKET

PARISH COUNCIL MEETING, WEDNESDAY 20th DECEMBER 2017

PRESENT: The Revd Glynn Cardy, David McNabb, David Boswell, Ken Hulls, Geoff Olliff, Kathryn Jones, Barbara Smith, Rebeca Hayward, Alexa Johnston.

APOLOGIES: Paul Martin, Trevor Mosely, Penelope Stevenson, Colin Rose

DEVOTIONS: Glynn opened the meeting with reflections and prayer.

PERSONAL/ PASTRORAL:

Glynn reported that Jeanette McFarlane’s husband Travis was gravely ill.

He also noted that Ivan Miskovic had recently married his partner Karen

ROLL

The roll will have reduced by one due to the passing of Ann Mackenzie

MINUTES OF NOVEMBER PC MEETING

The minutes of the November meeting having been previously circulated were unanimously confirmed by the meeting. (These the first set of minutes to be posted on the website)

Matters Arising / Actions

The outstanding item on Geoff and Andrew re documenting the relationship: St Luke’s / ARJT is to become part of a wider review of this subject and will not be reported on further as an action
Action on CRT regarding lack of handrail at the front steps is outstanding due to CRT not meeting in December. Will be picked up by the February meeting.
Action on Glynn re progressing  ‘outputs’ from the Mission and Ministry consultations will now be incorporated in the Parish Council Planning Day on 10th February

All other Actions were implemented

CORRESPONDENCE

Outwards:

Email to Kerry acknowledging his of 15th Nov

Email to Philip Clarke responding to his comments on the AGM minutes.

The meeting considered the draft response to Kerry’s email of 15th Dec. that had been circulated prior to the meeting. Following some suggestions a revision to be prepared before sending in the couple of days after the meeting.

Inwards:

Letter from Presbytery regarding Managing “Congregational Property…………..”                                                                            

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCIES

Glynn reported that Nick Paschalis has agreed to come back on to Parish council which was welcomed by the meeting. He also noted ongoing discussions with two persons who are considering joining the Parish Council for the first time.

David M reminded the meeting that his tenure as Convenor is due to concludes very shortly and hence the task of identifying a replacement needs to commence.ACTION:

STANDING REPORTS

Ministers Report

Glynn‘s report had been previously circulated. Glynn noted the considerable progress on the Music pillar, well attended advent services and seasonal lunches for special interest and needs groups

Presbytery Report

Trevor is travelling at present.

Community Director

Despite a current health issue Colin submitted his report just prior the meeting. The report covers community 2nd quarter activities and was a copy of that sent to the Local Board.

He also noted:

that Nov and Dec has been a demanding  two month regarding the time needed to be dedicated to AJRT
2018 Brochure, hard and digital copies, are nearing completion
Work with Grant Hutchinson on a the “My Music, My Life” programme

Community Resource Team

There was no CRT meeting in December.

On a ‘Resource’ matter Geoff noted that it was becoming clear that the demands of AJRT were such that the anticipated management model which included the Community Director working 50% of his time for AJRT is under considerable strain and needs to be revisited as matter of some urgency.  Geoff to report back.                                                                                                                                                  ACTION Geoff

Social Justice Team, Community Development Team, and Worship Team

No reports from these groups this month

SLIKS / Youth

Rebecca reported that SLIKS would be operated differently in 2018 based on a single group rather than different age groups. She also reported a need for more persons to assist with SLIKS.

Rebecca for the SLIKS team and the minister, noted there appreciation for the special thanks and gifts of albums of Christmas Pageants, given at the Sunday Service on 17th December as acknowledgement of their work on the pageants over the years.

The advertisement for new youth worker had not been successful and a discussion was now taking place with Presbytery’s youth coordinator to progress matters

MUSIC PILLAR

Grant Hutchinson has now accepted the position as coordinator of the music pillar with a signed contract in place. A community meeting was held with Grant to look at ideas, but appears to have been not well advertised and may need repeating.

Grant has now produced a draft business plan for the Pillar, and working with Community Director and others has begun to identify specific programmes.

ORGAN REFURBISHMENT AND UPGRADE

A discussion on the organ identified an urgent need to now establish a project team to implement and manage the work. Fund raising team will continue given that the total budget of $600k (including contingencies) is yet to be reached. Work is scheduled to start in July but not yet confirmed. The contractor has provided a proposed form of Contact, and this needs to be reviewed by and through CRT in addition to establishing the project team.ACTION: Geoff

COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING

Due to very full work load it has not been possible for Colin to progress this. Remains a subject to be activated.  

PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING DAY 10TH FEB. / MISSION AND MINISTRY

AParish Council planning day is set for Saturday 10th Feb. to focus on objectives and specific programmes for 2018. This will include bringing to fruition the results of the recent Ministry and Mission consultations.

CLOSE

The meeting closed with the saying of the Grace together.

             

 

< Back

 

Our Supporters