THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Kerry Stotter Minister – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Kathryn Jones
Readers – Gloria Jenkins, Anne Baird Intercessions – Neil Wright
Serving elders – Kay Fenwick, Robin Flynn, Judith Ray, Trevor Mosley,
Organist – Tim Carpenter Flowers – Anne Baird
Hospitality – Allan & Margaret Davidson, Barbara McDonald, Noel McGrevy, Valmai Trainor
and volunteers please!
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Cape Verde; The Gambia; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Senegal
Within the Nation – WAR AND PEACE. People who work for peace; members of the armed forces especially any currently serving in places of danger; returned servicemen and women; those scarred by the effects of wars long-past or recent
Within St Luke’s – Those we forget to pray for; neglect to pray for; choose not to pray for.
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 11 DECEMBER 2016
1. TODAY at 11am, there will be a meeting in the church to give an opportunity to discuss any issues arising from sermons in the last month, or Glynn’s study leave report.
2. HOSPITALITY TEAM FOR DECEMBER. Still seeking volunteers for Sunday 18 December and Christmas morning. Please sign the list at reception.
3. COMMUNITY VOLUNTEERS’ LUNCH Tuesday 13 December, 12.30pm. A big thank you to all the good fairies and elves around the church and centre who do quite a few odd jobs, largely unknown and unthanked. We extend a warm invitation to all of you and to anyone who voluntarily gives time and talents to enrich the life of our community. Please sign the list at reception or RSVP to Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 12 December.
4. FUNDRAISER FOR THE CHURCH ORGAN FUND. Please support NZ Barok, Lachlan Craig and friends for this gift to St Luke’s of beautiful music and funds as they perform Handel's Dixit Dominus on Wednesday December 14th, 7pm. Door sales only: adults $30, children $10.
5. READERS FOR SUNDAY 18th DECEMBER. Next week at 9.30am, we will be having our Carol Service - a mix of Advent and Christmas music, with readings both ancient and modern. If you have a strong clear voice, and would like to be one of the readers that morning, please contact Glynn or Pamela.
6. CAROL is taking a few days leave to attend a funeral in the South Island and will be away from 14 December, returning to work on Tuesday 20th.
7. VIOLIN RECITAL with Sophia Miao. Saturday 17th December, 7.30pm here at St Luke’s. Door sales $10.
8. SANTA HELPER NEEDED. We need a Santa helper who will be at home in Auckland on December 27th. [The Santa Costume company needs to come and collect the outfit and the Church will be shut]. Please contact Glynn if you can help.
9. ST LUKE’S CAMP AT MURIWAI. Join SLIKS and the Youth Group from 24 - 26 February for a fun weekend away to enjoy the outdoors, crafts, games, fellowship and friendship. All welcome. For information and to register, contact Martin Needham email@example.com or on 027 624 4337. See camp website www.houghtonsbushcamp.co.nz
10. ADC CHRISTMAS APPEAL “25 Dreams in 25 Days”. Thanks to some wonderful and generous supporters, ADC is well on its way to reaching the goal of empowering 25 new people to achieve their dreams in 2017. Give a hand up by DONATING now to support people in Myanmar with access to microfinance. https://donorbox.org/adc-christmas-campaign
11. GLYNN’S DRAFT STUDY LEAVE REPORT. Copies available on the screen bench. Given that it is a 32 page document, we have initially only printed off a limited number of copies. If you wish to receive it electronically, then please email Glynn or Pamela.
12. THE LIVING WAGE CAMPAIGN, which the Presbyterian Church supports, has invited parishioners to join their group on December 15th, 9.30 am, in the reception lounge at the Auckland Council Town Hall. Living Wage writes: The council will be discussing the items in Mayor Phil Goff’s annual budget for consultation. It's important we stand together for an end to poverty pay for directly employed, CCO workers and contract workers at Auckland Council. Winning the Living Wage at Auckland Council is a step towards winning it for all. Get there from 9am for a 9.30am start.
13. CHILD CARE OFFERED. Anna Cardy is looking for any opportunity to provide childcare outside of her school hours for the rest of this year. Please contact Anna on 021 056 2332 or firstname.lastname@example.org. References available. Anna is raising funds to go on the Spirit of Adventure this summer.
14. ST LUKE’S COMMUNITY CHOIR CD. Your chance to take home the wonderful music of the St Luke’s Community Choir from its concert on 9th July. The CD costs $20 with all proceeds going to the organ restoration fund. To order your copy, please sign the list at reception or contact Pamela.
15. AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL. The Remuera group has a supply of distinctive Village Press olive oil products with $5 from every gift pack sold going to Amnesty International. 1-litre bag-in-box sell for $21 and the 3-bottle varietal packs, and 3-bottle infused packs are selling for $26. Contact Jeanette on 521 2050 or at email@example.com.
16. THE HEART FOUNDATION SEEKS VOLUNTEERS. Can you support this important cause by being a street collector around Auckland on Friday 24th or Saturday 25th February. To sign up, 0800 830 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. HOSPITALITY TEAM FOR JANUARY. David & Elie Connor, Rii Hansen, Dorothy Connor, Noel McGrevy, Marjorie Blakeley.
Christmas Services at St Luke’s
Christmas Eve, 7pm – a service for children and their supporters, whether the children are familiar with church or not. There will be stories, carols, fairies, candles, and Santa. You are welcome to dress up too. The service begins at 7pm on Christmas Eve and is about 50 minutes long.
Christmas Eve, at the new time of 11pm – a candlelight service with a guest choir, plus cake and coffee from 10pm in the Common Room
Christmas Day, 9.30am – a family service
AT ST LUKE’S THIS WEEK 11 – 18 DECEMBER 2016
· WEDNESDAY, 12.30pm, mid-week communion
· THURSDAY, 10 – 12noon, Mah jong
· THURSDAY, 1 – 3pm, Knitwits – a knitting and craft group – all welcome
· FRIDAY, 11am – 12noon, Centering Prayer
· SATURDAY, 3pm, marriage of Will Hughes & Laura Wright
SUNDAY 18 DECEMBER 2016
9.30am Community Worship
Worship Leader – Glynn Cardy Choir Leader – Jill Stotter
Organist – Tim Carpenter Flowers – Angela Murdoch
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Community Programmes Manager: CAROL FRASER 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Worker: MARIA CARDY 021 111 2592; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ANGELA MURDOCH: email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: Anyone wishing to become a member or associate of the Community of Saint Luke, or simply to join the mailing list, please check out the yellow form on the screen bench inside the church door.