THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – David McNabb Preacher – Glynn Cardy
Serving elders – David McNabb, Kerry Stotter, Murray Jenkin, Robin Flynn, Karen Fehl, Jill Stotter, Allan Davidson
Duty Elder – David McNabb Organist – Tim Carpenter Flowers – Anne Baird
Readers – Curt Davidson Intercessions – David McNabb
Hospitality – Allan & Margaret Davidson, Rosalie Lockwood, Joy Lamb, Ling Yang, Sika Lishomwa
SLIKS – Rebecca Hayward & Martin Needham Crèche – TBC
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Botswana, Zimbabwe
Within the Nation – WAR AND PEACE. People who work for peace; members of the armed forces especially any currently serving in places of danger; returned servicemen and women; those scarred by the effects of wars long-past or recent.
Within St Luke’s – Giri Mahadevan, Lavinia; Paul & Jo Martin, Emily, Luke; Lynn Maude, Katharine; Gill Maxwell
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 11 JUNE 2017
1. INTERFAITH PILGRIMAGE. Pre-pilgrimage introduction TODAY at 11am in the Lounge Room with Amaradīpā Truong-George from the Triratna Buddhist Community. Visit the Centre in Grey Lynn on Monday 12th June with a 6.20pm departure from St Luke’s, and join in the reflection meeting on 18th June at 11am. Book with Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org or sign the list at reception. $10 to cover costs and koha to our hosts.
2. PLANNING FOR THE 2018 COMMUNITY PROGRAMME is underway. All ideas are welcome. Please contact Sue Olliff email@example.com ASAP.
3. MATARIKI. SLIKS are planning to visit a special programme "Matariki Dawn” at the Stardome Observatory Planetarium on Saturday 24th June from 7 - 8pm. Cost is $10 per child & $12 per adult. Learn more about important stars & watch two animated Maori stories projected onto the domed ceiling. The plan is to meet at St Luke’s at 5pm & have some dinner (maybe sausages, maybe pizza?), & then arrive at the Observatory by 6.45pm. We have to book early for this, so please let Margaret Parr know by this Sunday if you would like to attend. Margaret, phone 575 5281 or firstname.lastname@example.org with number of children & number of adults.
4. TE REO continues Tuesday 13th June at 7pm.
5. VOICES FROM THE INSIDE. Friday 16th June starting at 6pm with a shared pot luck meal. At 7pm, Judy Nicholson will be presenting on “A journey through a wetland from a jack of all trades to a master of none”. Please sign the list at reception.
6. MARIA’S FAREWELL. At next Sunday’s service, Maria Cardy will be thanked for her time as Youth Leader as she has recently stepped down from the role.
7. THE SUNDAY ROAST, 18th June 12noon. A monthly meal for people who live alone, so feel free to bring friends who also live alone. Please book your meal by 10am on the previous Friday. You can sign the list at reception, or email Pamela.
8. SERMON DISCUSSION after church at 11am on Sunday 25th June.
9. WORKING BEE, Saturday 1st July. Please be ready to start promptly at 8.30am. Morning tea will be served at 10.30am and any member of the community is welcome to come along for a cuppa even if unable to help at the Working Bee. If you are willing to help clean, tidy, or be part of the team serving a scrumptious morning tea, please add your name to the list at reception.
10. INTERSTELLAR: THE FIRST ENCOUNTER. Premier female a’cappella group Whim’ n Rhythm from Yale University are collaborating with Auckland’s Stellar Singers for two concerts here at St Luke’s. Saturday 17th June, 5pm & 8pm. Tickets from tickets.stellarsingers.com
11. THE CASTORWAYS vocal ensemble presents “Reverence and Reverie”. A concert to support the St Luke’s organ restoration fund. Sunday 18th June at 7pm. Admission by donation ($20 per person suggested) with all proceeds going toward the St Luke’s organ restoration fund. www.facebook.com/castorways
12. COMMUNITY DIRECTOR APPOINTMENT. Colin Rose will be joining us on Monday 21st August. “I am delighted to be joining the Community of St Luke as Community Director and look forward to working with you to help realise the ‘Four Pillars’ vision for the future. I believe that my broad range of experience will be of real benefit to the Community as we move forward. I have almost 20 years’ experience in the community justice sector, together with more recent experience establishing and managing a range of successful commercial services and small businesses in a new public-private partnership facility in South Auckland. I have developed and maintained strong partnerships with NGOs and not-for-profit organisations, such as Auckland City Mission, Habitat for Humanity and Salvation Army. Earlier in my career I worked as a volunteer with the homeless and at risk youth, and more recently supported volunteers from a range of faith-based groups providing pastoral support for prisoners. I have an appreciation of the huge benefit of creative art and music, particularly to those struggling to find their way through difficult times. I have sponsored and supported a range of art and music projects that not only provide a creative outlet for the artists but also lift the spirit of all those who experience their work. I have a sound understanding of the principles of restorative justice and practical experience as a restorative justice practitioner. I believe passionately in the power of restorative justice as a way of gaining a positive outcome from a negative situation and have had the privilege of witnessing first-hand how a successful restorative justice process can turn lives around. I am delighted to be involved in this work once again. I look forward to meeting you all and getting to know you over the coming months”.
13. WEST PAPUA STUDENT SPONSORSHIP. This year, St Luke's is helping sponsor a 15 year old boy from West Papua who is a student at Wesley College. He needs a host family or families who would be willing to look after him during the school holidays 7-23 July. Some financial support is available. If you are interested or want to find out more, please contact Allan Davidson.
14. SAINT LUKE’S COMMUNITY CHOIR: SING WITH US AGAIN. Calling all singers. Registrations are open for the 2017 Organ Refurbishment Fund Raising concert. This year we sing Mozart Requiem in D Minor on Saturday August 12th. Rehearsals begin on 29th June. Please email email@example.com for a registration form.
SUNDAY 18 JUNE 2017
9.30am Community Worship
Liturgist – Kathryn Jones Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Barbara Smith
Readers – Alan Hayward, Vivienne Hayward Intercessions – Bruce Miller
Organist – Tim Carpenter Crèche – TBC
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; firstname.lastname@example.org
Interim Community Programme Manager: Gill Warren 520 0199; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; email@example.com
Parish Clerk: ALEXA JOHNSTON firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench