THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – David McNabb Minister – Glynn Cardy
Duty Elder – Nick Paschalis Organist – Stephen Vincent
Readers – Pam Elgar & Sandie Jost Intercessions – David McNabb
Hospitality – David & Elie Connor, Rii Hansen, Dorothy Connor, Noel McGrevy, Marjorie Blakeley
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen
Within the Nation – LAND TRANSPORT. Truck, bus, train, van, taxi, car, and motorcycle drivers; those who plan, build, and maintain roads and footpaths, cycle ways and railways; cyclists, pedestrians; makers and sellers of motor vehicles; users of public transport; parking wardens and traffic police.
Within St Luke’s – David & Susan Boswell and Christopher, Alistair & Hannah;
David Boyd & Maryann Hope; Sarah Boyd; Alan & Kathy Brown
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 15 JANUARY 2017
1. TWO HEART WARMING STORIES.
- On Christmas Day, TV One's 'Good Sorts' included a piece about Marjorie Blakeley and Margaret Davidson's playgroup for special needs children at St Luke's. View the video here
- On Monday 9th January, the NZ Herald front page featured the couple who were married at St Luke's last Saturday and who generously shared their wedding cake with a homeless man who was resting under the trees beside the church. View the video here
2. CONGRATULATIONS to Dorothy McCarrison who celebrated her 80th birthday during the week.
3. ST LUKE’S CAMP AT MURIWAI. Join SLIKS and the Youth Group from 24 - 26 February for a fun weekend away to enjoy the outdoors, crafts, games, fellowship and friendship. All welcome. For information and to register, contact Martin Needham email@example.com or on 027 624 4337. See camp website www.houghtonsbushcamp.co.nz
4. KEITH STEWART TURNS 100 IN FEBRUARY! If you know Keith, or have worked with him in his many years at St Luke’s, and would like to attend his birthday celebration on Saturday 4th March from 1pm, here at St Luke’s, please sign the list at reception for catering purposes. Keith has expressed the wish that no presents be given to him, but a donation towards the organ fund would be appropriate if you would like to mark his birthday.
5. THANK YOU! To all those who over the Christmas break have tidied, cleaned, scrubbed, de-cluttered, and swept various part of the centre and the grounds.
6. THE HEART FOUNDATION SEEKS VOLUNTEERS. Can you support this important cause by being a street collector around Auckland on Friday 24th or Saturday 25th February? To sign up, phone 0800 830 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNDAY 22 JANUARY 2017
9.30am Community Worship
Liturgist – Margaret Tibbles Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Barbara Smith
Readers - Rosalie Lockwood & Noel McGrevy Intercessions – Rebecca Hayward
Organist – Grant Hutchinson
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Community Programmes Manager: CAROL FRASER 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Worker: MARIA CARDY 021 111 2592; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ANGELA MURDOCH: email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: Anyone wishing to become a member or associate of the Community of Saint Luke, or simply to join the mailing list, please check out the yellow form on the screen bench inside the church door.