THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Albert Numanga Preacher – Glynn Cardy
Duty Elder – Penelope Stevenson Intercessions – Barbara Smith
Reader – Vivienne Hayward Flowers – Anne Baird
Hospitality – Philip Clarke, Kerry & Jill Stotter, Alexa Johnston, Kathryn Jones, and any volunteers
SLIKS – Anna Cardy & Rebecca Hayward Crèche – Margaret Tibbles
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Kenya, Tanzania, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda
Within the Nation – PROPERTY. The homeless, bodies corporate, real estate agents, builders and related trades, surveyors, architects, landlords, tenants, householders, mortgage brokers.
Within St Luke’s – Alan & Ann McKenzie; Judith McMorland; Margot Meadowcroft; Bruce & Alison Miller; Anthea Mosley;
Trevor & Beverley Mosley; Glenn & Elizabeth Mottram; Angela & Brett Murdoch, & their families
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 2 JULY 2017
1. BAPTISM. Today we welcome Danika and Christian Dwyer, and their daughter Helena Lisbeth who is being baptised today. Welcome to family and friends.
2. PARISH COUNCIL could not meet last Wednesday because of illness and absences. The meeting has been rescheduled for Wednesday 5th July.
3. VOICES FROM THE INSIDE, Friday 7th July with a shared meal from 6pm. Dorothy McCarrison will speak to us about how she and Karen Leuschke work with Domestic Violence Victims using the restorative justice process. Please sign the list at reception.
4. ST MARY’S ORGAN RECITAL with our very own Stephen Vincent celebrating the restoration of the St Mary’s organ. Sunday 16th July at 3pm. Programme includes music by Vierne, Darke, Demessieus and Guilmant. St Mary’s-in-Holy-Trinity, 446 Parnell Road, Parnell. Tickets cost $15 and can be bought through iTICKET www.iticket.co.nz or phone 361 1000. Door sales available.
5. REFORMATION. This year marks the anniversary of the Reformation. Find out why it still matters 500 years on.
Many people think history is boring and irrelevant. They could not be more wrong. Come along to this short course led by Tim Cooper, Associate Professor of Church History at Otago University. Friday 28th July 7-9pm and Saturday 29th July 9am – 12.30pm at the Columba Centre, 40 Vermont Sreet, Ponsonby. Cost $35. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. SECURITY. On Thursday evening, while 2 groups were using the centre, both Glynn’s and Pamela’s office were broken into. We strongly recommend that, for your personal safety, and the security of the centre, you lock the front doors when you are attending an evening meeting once all participants have arrived.
7. STUDY LEAVE. Glynn's study leave report has now been assessed and approved by Presbytery, and has been lodged in Wellington. A copy of that report is available on the screen bench. Note that this report is a much condensed version [as per Presbytery requirements] of the fuller draft version shared with parishioners last December. Please contact Glynn or Pamela if you would like a copy of that draft version.
SUNDAY 9 JULY 2017
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – TBC Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Trevor Mosley
Serving elders – Stephen Vincent, Kay Fenwick, Muriel Carruthers, Margaret Parr, Lyn MacKinlay, Nick Paschalis
Readers – Dorothy McCarrison, Sally Ibbertson Intercessions – Neil Wright
Organist – Tim Carpenter
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Interim Community Programme Manager: Gill Warren 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ALEXA JOHNSTON email@example.com
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela email@example.com
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench