THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Margaret Tibbles Minister – Glynn Cardy
Duty Elder – Barbara Smith Organist – Grant Hutchinson
Readers – Rosalie Lockwood, Noel McGrevy Intercessions – David McNabb
Hospitality – David & Elie Connor, Rii Hansen, Dorothy Connor, Noel McGrevy, Marjorie Blakeley
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Greece, Cyprus, Turkey
Within the Nation – AIR. Birds, flying insects; pilots and flight attendants; air travellers; aircraft manufacturers and maintenance crews; airport workers; airline and aircraft owners; victims of air crashes.
Within St Luke’s – Fiona & Hamish Cameron and Kirsty & Alastair;
The Cardy Clan – Glynn, Stephanie, Michael, Maria, Andrew & Anna
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 22 JANUARY 2017
1. 2017 PROGRAMME. This year’s programme brochure is expected to be ready by next Sunday. There will also be an online version.
2. SERMON DISCUSSION. On Sunday 29th January at 11am, there will be a discussion on any matters raised in sermons in the last month.
3. MEMBERS OF THE ST LUKE’S TRAMPING GROUP are away on their annual camp from Sunday 29th January to Saturday 4th February.
4. ST LUKE’S CAMP AT MURIWAI. Join SLIKS and the Youth Group from 24 – 26th February for a fun weekend away to enjoy the outdoors, crafts, games, fellowship and friendship. All welcome. For information and to register, contact Martin Needham firstname.lastname@example.org or on 027 624 4337. See camp website www.houghtonsbushcamp.co.nz
5. KEITH STEWART TURNS 100 IN FEBRUARY! If you know Keith, or have worked with him in his many years at St Luke’s, and would like to attend his birthday celebration on Saturday 4th March from 1pm, here at St Luke’s, please sign the list at reception for catering purposes. Keith has expressed the wish that no presents be given to him, but a donation towards the organ fund would be appropriate if you would like to mark his birthday.
6. ELDERS’ MEETING. On Sunday 12th February at 11am, there will be meeting for all the elders of the Church. If you were ordained in another parish you are also welcome. The purpose of the meeting is two-fold: to talk about pastoral care, and receive your feedback about any aspect of our parish life.
7. INTER-FAITH DISCUSSION. On Sunday March 5th at 11am, there will be a discussion for anyone interested on our inter-faith activities at St Luke's. Currently we have two pilgrimages. The question is 'could we do more?' and 'what are other like-minded groups doing?' In regard to the latter question Glynn has invited Jocelyn Armstrong from the Religious Diversity Trust to be present.
8. CONCERT FOR KAIKOURA EARTHQUAKE RELIEF FUND. On Waitangi Day Monday, 6th February at 3pm, there will be a recital of piano music by Douglas Lilburn at St Barnabas Church, 283 Mt Eden Rd. Admission by programme $25, $20. Contact Geoffrey Hinds 630 3267, or email@example.com
9. KINDNESS MATTERS. Tired of being constantly stressed and hard on yourself? You are not alone, and there IS something you can do about it. Might be time to learn about mindfulness and self-compassion. Many scientific studies now show that learning to be more mindful and self-compassionate helps increase wellbeing and resilience, improves your relationships, and has powerful and lasting effects on mental health. Health Psychologist Anna Friis is offering two new eight-week courses in Mindful Self-Compassion training this year. The first is being held on Monday mornings (starting Monday February 20), with the second on Tuesday evenings (starting February 21). See www.centerformsc.org for more course details or www.annafriis.com. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol. Course costs are $400 all inclusive.
10. HOSPITALITY TEAM FOR FEBRUARY. John & Valmai Trainor, Jim Feist, Karen Fehl, Margaret Tibbles, Angela Murdoch.
SUNDAY 29 JANUARY 2017
9.30am Community Worship
Liturgist – Albert Numanga Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Trevor Mosley
Readers – Margaret Parr, Eric Parr Intercessions – Angela Murdoch
Organist – Tim Carpenter
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Community Programmes Manager: CAROL FRASER 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Worker: MARIA CARDY 021 111 2592; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ANGELA MURDOCH: email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: Anyone wishing to become a member or associate of the Community of Saint Luke, or simply to join the mailing list, please check out the yellow form on the screen bench inside the church door.