THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Albert Numanga Preacher – Ian Kilgour Duty Elder – Barbara Smith
Readers – Bruce Miller, Noel McGrevy Intercessions – Neil Wright
Organist – Stephen Vincent Flowers – Anne Baird
Hospitality – Ken & Bridget Hulls, Penelope Stevenson, Muriel Carruthers, oger Williams, Gill Maxwell, Rachel Goffin
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – The Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, St Kitts-Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago
Within the Nation – SPORT. All who manage or coach, and all who take part in sport and similar leisure activities; providers of sports venues and gyms
Within St Luke’s – Those who have become part of St Luke’s since this roster was created in January
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 22nd OCTOBER 2017
1. WELCOME TODAY TO OUR GUEST PREACHER IAN KILGOUR AND HIS WIFE SHIRLEY. The title of Ian’s sermon is ‘Wonder World or Waste World! (the relationship between social and eco-justice). Ian is an honorary associate minister at St Helier’s Presbyterian, and was, for many years, in charge of the Social Policy Unit for the Salvation Army. Glynn is away for Labour weekend, and Allan Davidson is available for pastoral emergencies.
2. ORDINATION AND BAPTISM. Next Sunday, 29th October, Noel McGrevy will be ordained as an elder. Also in the same service Betty Xu, who has recently joined our community, will be baptised.
3. THE PARISH CONTACT DIRECTORY is available on the screen bench today.
4. DANTE ALIGHIERI CHAMBER MUSIC CONCERT, Sunday 29th October, 5pm, here at St Luke’s, featuring Il Raccolto New Zealand German Baroque. With Wolgang Kraemer, recorder; Milena Parobzy, violin; Luca Manghi, flute; Edith Salzman, cello; Rachel Griffith-Hughes, harpsichord. Music by Telemann, Bach Tickets: $25/$20 for Danté members and $10 students.
5. HAL TAUSSIG. On 2nd November 7.30pm, Hal Taussig, a professor for many years at Union Theological Seminary in New York, will be with us. His topic is " The First, Second, and 21st Centuries: More Spirit, Less Rules.” Please sign the list at reception.
Hal will also be speaking at Mairangi Presbyterian Church, 10 Penzance Road, at 11.30am, with the topic “In the Beginning was the Meal”. Cost $10. Bring your own lunch.
6. CONSULTATION ON MISSION AND MINISTRY. In November we will be offering three opportunities for parishioners to come together to share views about what we could do/offer in future, what has been good in the past, and what we could do better. This will significantly help Parish Council as we launch into 2018. We are calling this ‘Consultation on Mission and Ministry’. In order that we hear from as many people as possible, there will be two after church discussions [11am on November 4th and 19th], and one mid-week discussion [7.30pm November 14th]. As with our recent consultation on pews/chairs, the intention is that everyone has the opportunity to attend one of these discussions.
7. SINGFEST AUCKLAND Saturday 4th November. St Luke’s singers welcome. Sing Messiah St Cuthbert's College, Clouston Hall. Register at www.nzcf.org.nz.
8. FAURÉ REQUIEM – REMEMBERING PASSCHENDAELE. Saturday 4th November, 7-9pm, St Matthew-in-the-City. The programme featured is Gabriel Faure's beautiful Requiem, the so-called 1893 chamber version, in a masterful adaptation by John Rutter. The Aorangi Singers open with the divine Miserere Mei Deus by Gregorio Allegri, followed by Mozart's dramatic Symphony No. 39 in E-flat major. To open the second half, the profoundly moving aria "Erbarme dich" from the St Matthew Passion.
Tickets available through Eventfinda
9. 3rd NATIONAL PROGRESSIVE SPIRITUALITY CONFERENCE. Plans are underway for St Andrew’s on the Terrace in Wellington to host the conference, titled: "Common Ground". It will be held in early September [either the first or second weekend]. In relation to this the website that was developed when we hosted the first conference has been renamed: https://progressivechristianitynzblog.wordpress.com/
10. HOSPITALITY TEAM FOR NOVEMBER. Pam Elgar & David McNabb, Tom & Margaret Agee, Nick Paschalis, Judith Ray, Kay Fenwick.
VISITORS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench
SUNDAY 29th OCTOBER 2017
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Jill Stotter Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Trevor Mosley
Readers – Tom Agee, Margaret Agee Intercessions – Kerry Stotter
Organist – Stephen Vincent
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Director: Colin Rose 520 0199 021 987 220; email@example.com
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; email@example.com
Parish Clerk: KEN HULLS firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org