THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Service Organisers – Glynn Cardy, Kathryn Jones, Nick Paschalis
Flowers – Anne Baird Crèche – Karen Fehl
Cantor – Neil Wright
Readers – Natasha Needham, Samantha Needham, Lavinia Mahadevan
Hospitality – Alan & Vivienne Hayward, Rosalie Lockwood, Joy Lamb, Ling Yang, Sika Lishomwa
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 25 JUNE 2017
1. “A DIFFERENT SERVICE: MATARIKI”. Welcome to our special Matakiri service this morning. A special welcome to visitors. This service involves children, adults, recorded music, songs accompanied by the piano or video, chants, discussion, candle lighting, and lots more. Please note there will be a koha/offertory box available [rather than taking up a collection]. The sermon will be different - it will be short, and followed by small group discussion.
2. “TIKANGA”. The painting this morning on the central table is called "Tikanga" by Hiria Anderson, 2016. Hiria is a young Maori artist. The painting is courtesy of the Philip Clarke & Jane Wild Collection
3. “SACRED AND PROFANE” – a concert by the brass section of the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra here at St Luke’s on Wednesday 28 June, 6.30pm. Enjoy the sounds of the brass section as it comes out of the back line in an extraordinary programme curated by APO Principal Trumpet, Huw Dann. Huw has created an evening of music that moves from gravitas to comedy and everything in between. Huw breaks down the barriers between musicians and audience, exploring the versatility of these instruments in the hands of the APO’s superb players. Tickets are $25 for adults, or $15 for children/students, and are available on the door (EFTPOS facilities available.) For more information, visit apo.co.nz
4. WORKING BEE, Saturday 1st July. Please be ready to start promptly at 8.30am. Geoff writes: Thanks to everyone who has signed up for the working bee next Saturday. There will be 3 teams (2 outside and 1 inside). Please decide where you would like to work and I will do my best to accommodate your wishes. In addition to any personal protective gear you may wish to use (rubber gloves, gumboots or gardening gloves etc) it would be really helpful if you could bring rags (inside or out), yard broom or rake (outside team only), a bucket. Detergents and other supplies will be available here. The safety briefing and team allocation will start at 8.30am sharp. Morning tea will be at 10.30am, and once again, all are welcome. If you are not working, please bring an offering for morning tea.
5. VOICES FROM THE INSIDE, Friday 7th July with a shared meal from 6pm. How Dorothy McCarrison and Karen Leuschke work with Domestic Violence Victims using the restorative justice process. Please sign the list at reception.
6. SAINT LUKE’S COMMUNITY CHOIR: SING WITH US AGAIN. Calling all singers. Registrations are open for the 2017 Organ Refurbishment Fund Raising concert. This year we sing Mozart Requiem in D Minor on Saturday August 12th. Rehearsals begin on 29th June. Please email email@example.com for a registration form.
7. CYCLING EXPEDITION. Ken Hulls is looking for response to his proposed exciting cycling expedition in Northland from 3-4 March 2018. 16 participants would assemble in Paihia on the Friday evening to be driven to Kaikohe, and to cycle back to Paihia on the Saturday. Next day, the group would be driven to Kaikohe and cycle to Hokianga. 60k over two days – carry no luggage. Grade 1 and 2 most of the way but some grade 3. Who is up for this? Contact Ken firstname.lastname@example.org
8. HOSPITALITY TEAM FOR JULY. Philip Clarke, Kerry & Jill Stotter, Alexa Johnston, Kathryn Jones, and any volunteers.
SUNDAY 2 JULY 2017
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Albert Numanga Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Penelope Stevenson
Readers – Lyn MacKinlay, Vivienne Hayward Intercessions – Barbara Smith
Organist – Stephen Vincent
SLIKS – Anna Cardy & Rebecca Hayward Crèche – Margaret Tibbles
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Interim Community Programme Manager: Gill Warren 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ALEXA JOHNSTON email@example.com
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela email@example.com
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench