THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Jill Stotter Minister – Glynn Cardy
Duty Elder – Geoff Olliff Organist – Tim Carpenter Flowers – Anne Fenwick
Readers – Valmai Trainor, Judith Ray Intercessions – Kerry Stotter
Hospitality – John & Valmai Trainor, Noeline Creighton, Karen Fehl, Margaret Tibbles
Crèche – Margaret Davidson
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands
Within the Nation – FAMILY. Healthy & happy families; victims of abuse and violence; those with marriage difficulties; the divorced or separated; the widowed; working parents; same-sex parents and couples; single parents; marriage counsellors and providers of pre-marriage education; the engaged.
Within St Luke’s – Lexie Duff; Margery Dwerryhouse; Pam Elgar & David McNabb; Alma Evans-Freke
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 26 FEBRUARY 2017
1. CONGRATULATIONS & HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Leo Hobbis who turns 90 years young today!
2. BAPTISM. As part of our morning service today, Lauren Fong will be baptised. Lauren is a student at Victoria University and has grown up in Remuera.
3. TODAY, SERMON DISCUSSION, at 11am in the church.
4. ST LUKE’S CAMP AT MURIWAI. A number of SLIKS members and their families are enjoying a fun filled weekend at camp.
5. MASTERS CONDUCTING RECITAL with Tim Carpenter, today at 5pm at the University of Auckland Music School, 6 Symonds Street. Works by Gerald Finzi and Benjamin Britten for choir and orchestra. Arrive early to ensure a seat!
6. CAROL will be away for the day on Wednesday 1 March.
7. WORLD DAY OF PRAYER, Friday 3rd March, 10am at St Marks Anglican Church, 95 Remuera Road. The service has been prepared by women of the Philippines around the statement "Am I being Unfair to You?" The group organizing the service include representatives from all the churches "along the ridge". There is the opportunity for one or two St Lucans to briefly participate in the service. Anyone interested, please talk to Judy Nicholson.
8. THE ANNUAL ST LUKE’S BIKE RIDE, Saturday 4th March. To ring the changes, this year’s bike ride will be based here in Auckland. The ride will start in Henderson and use exclusive cycle and walking paths. First stop to a cafe 2km along the Te Atatu Peninsula for the obligatory coffee break and then back to the NW cycle way and down into town. Total distance is 26 kms. Options are to park in town and take bike on train to Henderson, or drive to Henderson, and take the train back after the drive. Train ride is free for Gold Card holders. Details including meet-up time and place to come soon. For more information and to register, please contact Carol firstname.lastname@example.org 520 0199 or 021 332 068.
Information sheets are on the screen bench.
9. INTER-FAITH DISCUSSION. On Sunday March 5th at 11am, there will be a discussion for anyone interested on our inter-faith activities at St Luke's. Currently we have two pilgrimages. The question is 'could we do more?' and 'what are other like-minded groups doing?' In regard to the latter question Glynn has invited Jocelyn Armstrong from the Religious Diversity Trust to be present.
10. “THE BOOK OF EVAN” brings together Evan Sherrard’s mostly unpublished writings in various fields of interest, together with contribution from some 40 people, including his family, who represent the breadth and depth of influence that Evan’s work and life had – and continues to have. The book launch is being held on Tuesday 4 April from 5.30pm in The Foyer, AF Building, AUT North, 90 Akoranga Drive, Northcote. Pay and display parking is available on campus. RSVP by 27 March to Lucinda.email@example.com. Evan’s book will be available for purchase at the special price of $40.
11. CHORAL EVENSONG at St Mark’s Church, 95 Remuera Road, at 5pm on the third Sunday of each month (from March to November). The service is an hour long and includes three congregational hymns; a choir singing the regular elements of Choral Evensong (prayers, responses, a chanted psalm, and an anthem); and a brief homily as God’s Word is shared.
12. HOSPITALITY TEAM FOR MARCH. Curt & Megan Davidson, Lynn Maude, Annette Hood, Colin & Olinda Woodroffe, Jim Feist.
AT ST LUKE’S THIS WEEK 26 FEBRUARY – 5 MARCH 2017
· WEDNESDAY, 12.30-1.30pm, mid-week communion
· THURSDAY, 10 – 12noon, Mah jong
· THURSDAY, 1 – 3pm, Knitwits – a knitting and craft group – all welcome
· FRIDAY, 10.30am – 11.30am, Centering Prayer
SUNDAY 5 MARCH 2017
9.30am Community Worship
Liturgist – Geoff Olliff Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Penelope Stevenson
Readers – Barbara Smith, Robin Flynn Intercessions – Allan Davidson
Organist – Stephen Vincent
SLIKS – Anna Cardy Crèche – Margaret Tibbles
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Programmes Manager: CAROL FRASER 520 0199; email@example.com
Youth Worker: MARIA CARDY 021 111 2592; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); email@example.com
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWCOMERS: Anyone wishing to become a member or associate of the Community of Saint Luke, or simply to join the mailing list, please check out the yellow form on the screen bench inside the church door.