Rooms for hire for meetings and functions in an attractive and accessible setting
THE COMMUNITY OF SAINT LUKE is a lively community consisting of many different groups and individuals who gather for a great variety of reasons. We seek to be a nurturing community where each is committed to the spiritual and personal well-being of all and where all who come are accepted and respected. We recognise and value the diversity of the many people who are part of our Community and use our premises.
The most eye-catching part of the complex – from Remuera Road – is the church, built in 1932 replacing a church built in 1876.
From the main entrance, located up the driveway on the right of the church, is access to both the church and to the community centre – a comfortable and inviting complex of rooms, which together with the church are used for the diverse activities of the Community. Some of the rooms are permanently used by the St Lukes Kindergarten.
The Community Centre complex is made up of a number of old church halls, extensively and imaginatively renovated in 1984 and again in 1998.
Many community groups from the local suburbs as well as the wider Auckland area meet here and regard the St Lukes Community Centre as their ‘home’.
We aim to meet the needs of all who would like to share and enjoy our community buildings and other resources.
The rooms available for hire are:
- The lounge , seating approx 50-60 people
- The activities room, approx 15-20
- The courtyard room, approx 50-60
- The lounge and activities rooms can be opened up to form a large room accommodating approx 90 people
- The church , seating 250-300, can be used for such activities as drama and movement classes or large gatherings with a speaker, or for concerts and recitals.
- Three smaller counselling rooms could be available for client consultations or small meetings from 2 to 8 people.
All rooms, apart from the church, are carpeted.