THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Kathryn Jones Preacher – Glynn Cardy
Duty Elder – Barbara Smith Organist – Tim Carpenter Flowers – Anne Baird
Reader – Alan Hayward Intercessions – Bruce Miller
Hospitality – Alan & Vivienne Hayward, Rosalie Lockwood, Joy Lamb, Ling Yang, Sika Lishomwa
SLIKS – Rebecca Hayward & Helen Wadsworth Crèche – TBC
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Malawi, Zambia
Within the Nation – DEATH. The dying and those who care for them; hospices; funeral directors, funeral celebrants, bereavement counsellors; the bereaved – recent and long-ago.
Within St Luke’s – Maureen McCall; Ian & Dorothy McCarrison; Barbara McDonald; Jeanette McFarland; Noel McGrevy
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 18 JUNE 2017
1. INTERFAITH PILGRIMAGE, reflection meeting today at 11am in the Courtyard Room.
2. MARIA’S FAREWELL. Today, Maria Cardy will be thanked for her time as Youth Leader.
3. TODAY at 7pm, THE CASTORWAYS vocal ensemble presents “Reverence and Reverie”. A concert to support the St Luke’s organ restoration fund. Admission by donation ($20 per person suggested) with all proceeds going toward the St Luke’s organ restoration fund. www.facebook.com/castorways
4. TODAY, SEA OF FAITH invites you to a discussion of Judaism and Islam, an outsider looks in. Speaker Stephen Warnes is an unusual outsider. He's a lecturer on comparative religion, has a strong attachment to Islamic ideology, is a radical Anglican priest and has been a member of a religious community, a missionary to southern Africa and a lecturer in politics, government and law. Tea and coffee served from 4pm, the lecture and discussion from 4.40pm.
5. FIRST N THIRD MORNING TEA, Tuesday 20th June, 10.30am. All welcome.
6. “A DIFFERENT SERVICE: MATARIKI”. Next Sunday, there will be a different kind of service at 9.30am. The theme is Matariki, and the children will be involved in the service [rather than going out to SLiKs]. The music will be different - reflective music, songs accompanied by the piano, chants, and recorded music. Our new screen and data projector will be used. The seating will be different - there will be chairs, as well as some pews. There will be a koha/offertory box available [rather than taking up a collection]. The sermon will be different - it will be short, and followed by small group discussion. The prayers too will be different. This is the second 'A Different Service' this year.
7. PLANNING FOR THE 2018 COMMUNITY PROGRAMME is underway. All ideas are welcome. Please contact Sue Olliff firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
8. WORKING BEE, Saturday 1st July. Please be ready to start promptly at 8.30am. Morning tea will be served at 10.30am and any member of the community is welcome to come along for a cuppa even if unable to help at the Working Bee. If you are willing to help clean, tidy, or be part of the team serving a scrumptious morning tea, please add your name to the list at reception.
9. SAINT LUKE’S COMMUNITY CHOIR: SING WITH US AGAIN. Calling all singers. Registrations are open for the 2017 Organ Refurbishment Fund Raising concert. This year we sing Mozart Requiem in D Minor on Saturday August 12th. Rehearsals begin on 29th June. Please email email@example.com for a registration form.
10. CYCLING EXPEDITION. Ken Hulls is looking for response to his proposed exciting cycling expedition in Northland from 3-4 March 2018. 16 participants would assemble in Paihia on the Friday evening to be driven to Kaikohe, and to cycle back to Paihia on the Saturday. Next day, the group would be driven to Kaikohe and cycle to Hokianga. 60k over two days – carry no luggage. Grade 1 and 2 most of the way but some grade 3. Who is up for this? Contact Ken firstname.lastname@example.org
11. CONGRATULATIONS to Eric & Margaret Parr (grandparents),
Fiona & Ben (parents), and Evelyn & Jeremy (siblings)
on the arrival of Marvin Eric Campbell.
SUNDAY 25 JUNE 2017
9.30am - A DIFFERENT SERVICE: MATARIKI
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Interim Community Programme Manager: Gill Warren 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ALEXA JOHNSTON email@example.com
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela email@example.com
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench