THIS MORNING, 9.30am
Liturgist – Kathryn Jones Preacher – Glynn Cardy
Serving elders – Stephen Vincent, Kay Fenwick, Alexa Johnston, Margaret Parr, Nick Paschalis, Kathryn Jones
Duty Elder – Trevor Mosley Intercessions – Neil Wright Organist – Tim Carpenter
Readers – Dorothy McCarrison, Sally Ibbertson Flowers – Margaret Agee
Hospitality – Philip Clarke, Kerry & Jill Stotter, Alexa Johnston, Kathryn Jones, and any volunteers
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Eritrea; Ethiopia
Within the Nation – ENVIRONMENT. People working to protect the environment, providers of non-renewable and of renewable energy, workers at power stations, electricity and gas maintenance crews; those who clean public places and amenities; waste operators; those who maintain water, storm water, sewerage facilities.
Within St Luke’s – Martin & Susan Needham, Natasha & Samantha; Margaret Neilson; Judy Nicholson
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 9 JULY 2017
1. GLYNN is on leave next week, back on Tuesday 18 July. GILL WARREN (interim Community Director) will also be away next week. The good news is that PAMELA will still be here steering the good ship St Luke’s on her own!
2. NEXT SUNDAY, WE WELCOME RICHARD RANDERSON as guest preacher. Richard is a retired Anglican bishop whose 50 years in ministry have focused on the church’s engagement with the wider society, addressing issues of poverty and justice, ethics in the public square, and contemporary issues of theology and inter-faith.
3. ST MARY’S ORGAN RECITAL with our very own Stephen Vincent celebrating the restoration of the St Mary’s organ. Sunday 16th July at 3pm. Programme includes music by Vierne, Darke, Demessieus and Guilmant. St Mary’s-in-Holy-Trinity, 446 Parnell Road, Parnell. Tickets cost $15 and can be bought through iTICKET www.iticket.co.nz or phone 361 1000. Door sales available.
4. ST LUKE’S SCOTTISH CEILIDH. This wonderful event is being held here at St Luke’s on Saturday 29th July, 6pm. Come along to honour our Scottish Presbyterian heritage with music and merriment, a traditional ceremonial haggis, a dinner and Scottish country dancing. Limited to 40 people. Cost $30 per person. Please sign the list at reception or email Pamela firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place and arrange pre-payment. We are also seeking 4 kilt-clad guests to join the ceremonial haggis party as bearers.
5. REFORMATION. This year marks the anniversary of the Reformation. Find out why it still matters 500 years on.
Many people think history is boring and irrelevant. They could not be more wrong. Come along to this short course led by Tim Cooper, Associate Professor of Church History at Otago University. Friday 28th July 7-9pm and Saturday 29th July 9am – 12.30pm at the Columba Centre, 40 Vermont Street, Ponsonby. Cost $35. To register, email email@example.com.
6. CYCLING EXPEDITION. The Northland cycle trip is now confirmed subject to sixteen people signing up and fully confirming by 15th December, including paying the $110 cost of bus rides for the two days. The bikes are brand new, with gel seats and 27 1’2 inch wheels (bigger than standard 26 inch wheels so they roll better) and the way Johnnie of Paihia Moutainbikes organises it, the trip is predominantly downhill. Electric bikes can be organised if required. It is a rail trail so gentle. It is a two day trip with cyclists being delivered to a spot to ride back east to Paihia on the Saturday - 20k. On Sunday, the cyclists are driven to Saturday’s start point and cycle west to the harbour and again are driven back to Paihia – so Friday and Saturday nights can be in the one accommodation (whatever you chose) 30k. Advise firstname.lastname@example.org of your interest
PARISH COUNCIL NOTES FOR JUNE
We were sad to learn that after 13 years as members of the Community of Saint Luke, Wim and Francisca de Ruiter have decided it is time to transfer to a church nearer their home in Green Bay. They will be greatly missed and we will have a farewell morning tea for Wim and Francisca after the service on 30 July.
Geoff Olliff reported that community discussion over the matter of pews in the church and whether we would like to change to chairs – either totally or in part – will take place in August.
Glynn will be on leave next week and the Reverend Richard Randerson will preach here on Sunday 16 July.
Parish Council will hold a workshop with facilitator Tim Clarke on 22 July. We will provide an update after the workshop.
SUNDAY 16 JULY 2017
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Nick Paschalis Preacher – Richard Randerson Duty Elder – David McNabb
Readers – Robin Flynn, Judy Nicholson Intercessions – Kerry Stotter
Organist – Stephen Vincent
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Interim Community Programme Manager: Gill Warren 520 0199; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: ALEXA JOHNSTON email@example.com
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela email@example.com
NEWCOMERS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench