Liturgist – Olinda Woodroffe Preacher – Glynn Cardy
Serving elders – Barbara Smith, Sue Olliff, Geoff Olliff, Allan Davidson, Ken Hulls, Judith Ray, Olinda Woodroffe
Duty Elder – Ken Hulls Flowers – Marg Dorrington
Readers – Glynn Cardy, Colin Woodroffe SLIKS – Rebecca Hayward & Neil Wright
Intercessions – Rosalie Lockwood Organist – Stephen Vincent
Hospitality – John & Valmai Trainor, Noeline Creighton, Margaret Tibbles, Karen Fehl, Angela Murdoch
THIS WEEK WE PRAY FOR
World Council of Churches’ Calendar – Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland
Within the Nation – WATER. Seas, rivers, lakes, ponds; water treatment plants; suppliers of water; fish, water reptiles; ships’ officers and crews; ship owners; sea travellers; people who fish; cargo and container handlers
Within St Luke’s – Muriel Carruthers; David Caughey; Philip Clarke & Jane Wild, & family;
Andrew & Sarah Colgan; Pip Colgan
NOTICES FOR SUNDAY 11th FEBRUARY 2018
1. 2018 COMMUNITY PROGRAMME. Printed fliers are in reception and on the screen bench
2. ENNEAGRAM COURSE. Saturday 17th February, 9am-3.30pm. Cost $45 per person. Please sign the list at reception.
3. KEITH STEWART will be turning 101 on Friday 23rd February and would like to celebrate this occasion with St Lucans at morning tea after church on Sunday 25th February.
4. ST LUKE’S YOUTH GROUP. If you are in years 7-10 and are interested in coming to Youth Group, you are warmly invited to a pizza dinner and discussion on the new date of Sunday 25th February from 5.30-7pm. Please bring along to this first meeting a parent, grandparent or caregiver as we will be deciding which day and time will be best and how often the group will meet. Your ideas and suggestions for how youth group will run are welcome!
5. LEAVING PRISON FOR GOOD. Lecture and discussion series covering a range of issues concerning the NZ criminal justice system, with a particular focus on the increasing prison population and alternative ways of delivering justice. Five sessions with five different speakers starting on Thursday 22nd February, 7.30pm, and then four consecutive Thursdays from 12th April, with a final round-table discussion on Thursday 10th May on a way forward for justice in NZ. Cost $10 for the series to cover costs and to offer a koha to guest speakers. Please sign the list at reception.
6. COMPASSIONATE JUSTICE. Four sessions on the book Compassionate Justice by Chris Marshall. The book brings biblical insight to the issues of restorative justice and penal policy. Led by Glynn Cardy. Four Tuesday evenings beginning 6th March at 7.30pm. Cost $10 for the series to cover costs. Please sign the list at reception.
7. ST LUKE’S BIKE RIDE 3-4th MARCH 2018. PAIHIA TO THE HOKIANGA. Details of the ride on https://www.nzcycletrail.com/trails/twin-coast-trail/. Further info from Ken Hulls. Please sign the list at reception if you are keen to join the group.
8. ST LUKE’S PICNIC / BBQ AT LONG BAY, Saturday 10th March from 9am. Join us for a relaxed day at the beach to enjoy the outdoors, fellowship and friendship. All welcome. We have booked Long Bay Regional Park ‘Site 2’ with an electric BBQ, some tree shade and close to beach, car park and facilities (e.g. water, toilets, showers, changing rooms). Children’s playground and bush walks are nearby. Site cost $5 person or $10 per family. Arrive early for a carpark. A public bus service is available. BYO food. For more information contact Martin Needham email@example.com or on 027 624 4337. See website http://regionalparks.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/longbay For map view "Download park map".
9. HOSPITAL CHAPLAINCY at Auckland Hospital is hoping St Luke’s could provide a pianist on the fifth Sunday of the month when St Luke’s is on duty as Murray Jenkin has now retired. Dates for 2018 are 29th April, 29th July, and 30th September. Please contact Noel McGrevy on 528 4372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
10. HUNUA EASTER CAMP. A reminder that the Hunua Easter Camp is taking place this year and we would love for you and your youth to be there! The camp is at Hunua Falls Christian Camp over the Easter weekend (Thursday 29th March evening - Monday 2nd April afternoon). For all the camp info head along to: https://hunuaeastercamp.co.nz/. Flier on reception noticeboard.
For our Prayers:
Joan Dow has been in hospital and is recovering well.
Graham Shearer is recovering from a fall.
Bev Mosley is recovering from a hand operation this week.
The family and friends of Tony Hambrook. His funeral was here on Friday 9th February.
The family and friends of Graham Mahler, who died recently.
Jeanette McFarland as she grieves the loss of Travis. [Travis died on Christmas Eve].
Margie Sadler continues to recover from a fall. She would love to see anyone who has time to visit.
Please note that the people above have given permission for this information to be shared.
VISITORS: If you would like to know about the Community of Saint Luke, including membership, or simply to join the mailing list, please fill out the blue “Welcome to St Luke’s” form (in pews) and put in the box on the screen bench
SUNDAY 18th FEBRUARY 2018
9.30am – Community Worship
Liturgist – Kathryn Jones Preacher – Glynn Cardy Duty Elder – Andrew Colgan
Readers – Karen Fehl, Margaret Tibbles Intercessions – Angela Murdoch
Organist – Grant Hutchinson SLIKs – Margaret Parr & Margaret Davidson
130 Remuera Road, Remuera, Auckland 1050
Community Centre & Church Office: Phone 520 0740
Minister: GLYNN CARDY 021 545 969; email@example.com
Community Director: Colin Rose 520 0199 021 987 220; firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrator: PAMELA DAY 520 0740; email@example.com
Parish Council Convener: DAVID McNABB; firstname.lastname@example.org
Parish Clerk: KEN HULLS email@example.com
Envelope Secretary: MARGARET TIBBLES, 846 7682 (h); firstname.lastname@example.org
PASTORAL. If you know of anyone needing support, a listening ear, a phone call or a visit at home or in hospital,
please contact Pamela email@example.com